Component Based Architecture RRS feed

• Question

• User-9448546 posted

hey guys

I want to develop an application with asp.net that have "Component Based Architecture

I need an example.

who can help me ?

thanks

Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:27 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Where have you seen this ? It is an architectural design and you perhaps does this already without knowing. Basically this is about working by assembling "components" through well defined interfaces so that you could replace one of those component by another one (that provides of course the same interface) with minimal or no change.

Let's say your app must send alerts to users. You could code sending mails at each and every place where it is needed. Now if you want to change that later you'll have to change this all over the place.

Instead you could create an alert component that your app will use. Behing the scene it sends a mail. But later you could replace this component with another one that will store the alert at some place (for sending them as part of a daily remainder few hours later).

It's doesn't really translates directly to code. This is just an approach in building your app. I'm quite pragmatic so I would strongly suggest to not try to apply theorical concepts for their own sake. Try to first see what is the real world benefit you want to bring into your app (ie "recently I had to change extensively my app because of a feature change, I want to avoid having this happening again") and then see what you could be done.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 8:37 AM