Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Can I connect to a Windows Embedded 7 Standard device with remote desktop?  If not, what is the recommended way of maintaining one?  That is, how do I get software updates to a WES7 device?

Thanks,

Scott

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:46 PM

Answers

• FWIW, I went with VNC instead Remote Desktop.

Scott
    • Marked as answer by Scott_3 Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:13 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:13 PM

All replies

•  

1. RDP is support in WES7.

2. Windows Update is supported with WES7, but it is recommended that you provide customers with OS updates to control updates in the field.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:28 AM
  • In particular, I am interested in updating my software, not the OS.

I included the Remote Desktop Connection in the answer file I built the image from.  But, I can not seem to connect to the WES7 device.  I have enabled remote desktop connections like this:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

I also tried turning off the firewall. 

Is there anything else I need to include in the answer file to enable connecting remotely to the WES7 device?

Thanks,

Scott

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Ok.  I am passed that.  What is needed to allow remote authentication?  I get the following error when trying to authenticate:

"An authentication error has occurred. The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted"

Thanks,

Scott

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:19 PM
  • FWIW, I went with VNC instead Remote Desktop.

Scott
    • Marked as answer by Scott_3 Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:13 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:13 PM