Unknown package type RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to upload a package to a new Data Branch for my Product, however I keep getting Package acceptance validation errors : 

" is an unknown package type. Please name your file with the appropriate file extension."

The package I am trying to upload is an .ekb. All my files (xml, zip, etc) are not being accepted.

Please note our Product was migrated from XDP to Partners. These files were previously accepted. 

Are these files still accepted, or do we need tor repackage them?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Romel

Monday, February 3, 2020 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you trying to upload your app to the store? If it is, then you package with .ekb type or .xml, .zip will not be accepted.  This is mentioned from this document- Resolve submission errors, ' Be sure that you follow the steps in Package a UWP app with Visual Studio when creating your app's package file, and only upload the .msixupload or .appxupload file on the Packages page of the submission, not a .msix/appx or .msixbundle/appxbundle.'

If you are not upload your app to the store, could you please tell me where you are trying to upload your app to?

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 1:23 AM
  • Hello,

I was able to find a solution in the Xbox Developpers forums :

"Apparrently if you upload the extension-less binary file, (in our case PIXELakes.TreasureStack_1.0.0.5_neutral__vh06py4501db4), it will accept it. Then the page reloads and you get a bunch of additional options for your extra submission materials like symbol files, ekb file, validator xml file."

This worked! Can consider this resolved

Thursday, February 6, 2020 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you have found a solution. Having a nice day!

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, February 7, 2020 1:19 AM