none
How to develop bluetooth(BLE) applications with C# Windows Form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to develop a desktop application with C# Windows Form, and the main function of the application is to connect with devices and send data using bluetooth(by BLE protocal).

I found that there are some BLE APIs in UWP framework, but it can't be used in Windows Form applications.

Could someone give me some suggestions?

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jeremy Zhu,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your question, I have found two similar cases.

1. How can I make a Winforms app that detects nearby BLE devices and reads their characterstics
    2. [WF][C#] How to use Bluetooth LE for the Windows form?

I hope the advices in the cases can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi Zhao,

Thank you for your reply.

I have known that I can use the third-party DLL(InTheHand.Net.Personal.dll) to develop Windows Form application. (The requested DLLs can be downloaded from here – https://32feet.codeplex.com/)

But does Microsoft provide a library to implement it?

I want to develop my application using Microsoft framework, if you have other suggestions, please tell me.

Thank you.

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Hi Jeremy Zhu,

Thanks for your feedback.

You can refer the link in the  following reference.

Is there any way to use Bluetooth LE from a c# desktop app in windows 10?

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jeremy Zhu Monday, August 31, 2020 10:45 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:37 AM