none
Enabling DotnetFramework 3.5 in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am trying to enable .netframework 3.5 feature over Turn windows Feature on or off from Window 10 PC. 

The process goes till downloading and breaking with the following error

I have tried multiple option explained in many blogs but no luck.  Following are the option I have tried 

1. Enabled the GroupPolicy "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair".

2. Internet connect is well established - no firewall blocker

Is there any change in Windows 10 ? the way optional features are getting enabled?

Thanks in Advance Suresh M
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:39 AM

All replies

• If you have installation media e.g. Windows ISO setup then look at

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/deploy-net-framework-35-by-using-deployment-image-servicing-and-management--dism#nointerent

Just Specify Drive Letter & Correct Path for sources\sxs

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs
    Best Regards
    Vikram Manjare
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Saturday, April 14, 2018 4:12 AM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message, please have a look at this similar issue and some community members shared the workarounds as below:

1. Run cmd.exe as administrator, execute this command: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:xxx\sources\sxs
    2. Back up the registry key and go into RegEdit and set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU folder.  DoubleClick on UseWUServer(UseWindowsUpdateServer) and change the value to 0.  If the value is already 0 this fix may not work for you. You may need to restart afterwards.
    3. Reboot the computer with safe mode (repair mode, I guess) and install it
    4. Remove the workstation from the domain 

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 16, 2018 8:26 AM