none
[ Solved ] ml64.exe trying to compile some assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm trying to compile an asm exemple from this website

http://mcdermottcybersecurity.com/articles/windows-assembly-languages#win32-x64

i've installed windows sdk and visual studio 2013 express.

before compiling using this command:

ml64 hello64.asm /link /subsystem:windows /defaultlib:kernel32.lib /defaultlib:user32.lib /entry:main

I looked for setenv.bat witch wasn't found.

So i've tryed using .\vcvarsall.bat x86_amd64 witch haven't shown any errors and i still get the following error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1171: unable to load mspdb120.dll (error code: 126)

Any one have a guess on how to fix this ?

Edit: Solved by using VS2013 x64 cross tools command prompt

• Edited by notsgnik Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:56 AM

Answers

• notsgnik,

I'm glad you solved your problem but for future reference, this forum is dedicated exclusively to questions/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application, so this was the wrong forum to post your question.

John

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:46 PM

All replies

• notsgnik,

I'm glad you solved your problem but for future reference, this forum is dedicated exclusively to questions/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application, so this was the wrong forum to post your question.

John

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:46 PM
  • Cool, thank you, you inspired me, I use this command to cross on host x64 windows to target x86 windows

cmd /k D:/HenDuoDongXi/Vs2017/Vs2017/VC/Auxiliary/Build/vcvarsall x64_x86 && ... cl.exe ...

• Edited by sainimu78 Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:46 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:41 PM