none
[MS-NLMP] uses inconsistent flag names RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just noticed that [MS-NLMP] version 6.0 uses NTLMSSP_TARGET_TYPE_DOMAIN and NTLMSSP_TARGET_TYPE_SERVER in section 2.2.5, but NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_TARGET_DOMAIN and NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_TARGET_SERVER in section 3.2.5.1.1.

IMHO it would be clearer if these flag names were consistent.

cheers
    James

James Peach
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:55 PM

Answers

• Good afternoon James - the changes have been implemented, and will be available in a future posting of the [MS-NLMP] document.

You can get notifications concerning updates on the documents as follows:

Click on: 'Receive the Protocols Perspective e-Newsletter' on the right of the page at http://www.microsoft.com/protocols/default.mspx.

It has been a pleasure serving you, and thanks for helping us improve our documentation!

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Escalation Engineer
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thanks for your post.

We'll be working on it and will let you know when we have news or questions.

Thanks and regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT SEE Protocol Documentation Team
    Friday, October 10, 2008 12:58 PM
  • Good afternoon James. I have verified that 'NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_TARGET_DOMAIN and NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_TARGET_SERVER' should indeed be 'NTLMSSP_TARGET_TYPE_DOMAIN and NTLMSSP_TARGET_TYPE_SERVER' in [MS-NLMP] 3.2.5.1.1.

I will file a documentation change request on this shortly, and will advise you as soon as the changes are accepted for a future posting of the document (this may take several weeks to a month).

Regards,

Escalation Engineer
    Friday, October 10, 2008 4:51 PM
  • Sorry - my previous answer glitched on my signature!

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Escalation Engineer
    Friday, October 10, 2008 4:52 PM
  • Good morning James! I have filed a document change request against [MS-NLMP], to update the flag names as you suggested. Thank you for helping us improve our documentation.

I fully anticipate the changes will be implemented as noted, and will advise you once they have been finalized.

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Escalation Engineer
    • Marked as answer by KeithHa Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bill Wesse MSFT Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bill Wesse MSFT Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:23 AM
  • Good afternoon James - the changes have been implemented, and will be available in a future posting of the [MS-NLMP] document.

You can get notifications concerning updates on the documents as follows:

Click on: 'Receive the Protocols Perspective e-Newsletter' on the right of the page at http://www.microsoft.com/protocols/default.mspx.

It has been a pleasure serving you, and thanks for helping us improve our documentation!

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Escalation Engineer
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:28 PM