Missing shared feature Reporting Services Sharepoint and Reporting Services Add-in for Sharepoint products

• Hi, when I try to install SQL Server 2012 SP1 (ISO from Microsoft Download website) on a Windows Server 2012 and try to select the shared feature options: 

- Reporting Services Sharepoint
    - Reporting Services Add-in for Sharepoint products

They are both missing from the list.

How do I solve this? Help!

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you installing these features on SQL Server 2012 Enterprise or Business Intelligence editions? To my knowledge only these editions support the Reporting Services Add-In.

If you would like to install the Reporting Services Add-In for SharePoint 2010, you can download it from the following link:

Hope this helps.

Alberto Morillo

Saturday, January 11, 2014 2:06 AM
  • Hello,

Did you download the SQL Server 2012 Express with Advanced Services edition from the Microsoft website? If so, this edition did not support SharePoint Integration mode.

Just as Alberto post above, Business intelligence features are not all available in all editions of SQL Server 2012. You can refer to the following link about support features in Editions of SQL Server 2012:

Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Thanks for the answers. Instead of using the direct download from the Microsoft download center, I used the ISO image from the MSDN downloads. That seemed to work! 
    Friday, January 24, 2014 2:06 PM
  • We have all 64bit servers with Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation

In our SP Farm we decided to have 1 WFE Server, 1 App Server & 1 Sql Server

In Sql Server we installed "en_sql_server_2012_enterprise_edition_with_service_pack_2_x86_dvd"

With that we got the following version installed

Now when we are trying to install SSRS on our App Server we could not see the following Shared Features

- Reporting Services Sharepoint
    - Reporting Services Add-in for Sharepoint products

Please suggest me what am i missing or where i was wrong?

Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:38 AM