none
Is this possible to do redact the contents of the word 2007 documents? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am manipulating Word 2007/2010 documents in C# through the help of Open XML SDK 2.0(Add,delete,Upate Word paragraphs) successfully.I have downloaded the Word 2007/2010 Redaction tool plug-in  for my word 2007.It is working fine with Manually. 

Now i want to do the redaction work programatically in C#.Can i access and do the functionalities of this plug-in through C# code using open xml sdk 2.0 or 2.5? If possible send me some sample code for me..

Or 

You can also suggest me a alternative idea about "redact  the contents of the WORD 2007 Documents through C#" ....

2) Is there any web viewer available for viewing word 2007 documents in browser...? or is it possible with open xml sdk 2.5?

Thanks in Advance...!!!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I noticed that you've posted your issue on the Discussion Area of Word 2007/2010 Redaction Tool.

Can i access and do the functionalities of this plug-in through C# code using open xml sdk 2.0 or 2.5?

Since the provider published the code, you can use the functionality of that addin by reference the code. Open XML cannot be used to automate the add-in. Open XML SDK is a tool that can be used to generate/make changes to a document.

You can also suggest me a alternative idea about "redact  the contents of the WORD 2007 Documents through C#" ....

If you want to learn OpenXML you can start from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb448854.aspx

Is there any web viewer available for viewing word 2007 documents in browser...?

Microsoft Word documents, can be opened and edited in place from within the WebBrowser control. Detailed information can be seen here.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for your reply.

>I dont think it is possible to redact word2007 document through C#.... I tried to get the reference of Word 2007 redaction tool in C# but could not be able to get the reference...

If you want to reference to the add-in project, you'll need to build the project first. After that, you can see a .dll file in bin\debug. Reference to the .dll file and you'll be able to automate the add-in.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I noticed that you've posted your issue on the Discussion Area of Word 2007/2010 Redaction Tool.

Can i access and do the functionalities of this plug-in through C# code using open xml sdk 2.0 or 2.5?

Since the provider published the code, you can use the functionality of that addin by reference the code. Open XML cannot be used to automate the add-in. Open XML SDK is a tool that can be used to generate/make changes to a document.

If you want to learn OpenXML you can start from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb448854.aspx

Is there any web viewer available for viewing word 2007 documents in browser...?

Microsoft Word documents, can be opened and edited in place from within the WebBrowser control. Detailed information can be seen here.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Hi Quist Zhang,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually, WebBrowser control is based on Windows forms right.But i need word viewer for my asp.net web based application(view it in browser)...

I dont think it is possible to redact word2007 document through C#.... I tried to get the reference of Word 2007 redaction tool in C# but could not be able to get the reference...

Anyway, thanks for your reply...

Friday, June 7, 2013 5:29 AM
  • Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for your reply.

>I dont think it is possible to redact word2007 document through C#.... I tried to get the reference of Word 2007 redaction tool in C# but could not be able to get the reference...

If you want to reference to the add-in project, you'll need to build the project first. After that, you can see a .dll file in bin\debug. Reference to the .dll file and you'll be able to automate the add-in.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:45 AM