none
Retrieve Data from a 2nd table within a DataSet RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2010.  I created a new project under C# for a Report Application.  I have configured my Connection String and DataSet for the Report, with the DataSet containing 2 tables (table1 and table2).  (Done via the wizard).  Now the form that was created contains only the data from 1 table (table1), but not the second table (table2).  What I want to do is have data from table2 be added to the form to be seen in conjunction with the data from table1.  The automatically generated code is below: 

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace ReportsApplication1
    {
      public partial class Form1 : Form
      {
        public Form1()
        {
          InitializeComponent();
        }

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          // TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'CRMDataSet2.AnnotationBase' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
          this.AnnotationBaseTableAdapter.Fill(this.CRMDataSet2.AnnotationBase);
          this.reportViewer1.RefreshReport();
        }

}
    }

I see where the TableAdapter is filled with the table data from table1.  So logically thinking, I figured the same type of Fill needs to be done for table2.  I added a line beneath "this.Annotation*..." with the following code:

this.ActivityPointerBaseTableAdapter.Fill(this.CRMDataSet2.ActivityPointerBase);

However the debugger comes up with this:

Error    1    'ReportsApplication1.Form1' does not contain a definition for 'ActivityPointerBaseTableAdapter' and no extension method 'ActivityPointerBaseTableAdapter' accepting a first argument of type 'ReportsApplication1.Form1' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

So I am guessing that Visual Studio did not create a TableAdapter for table2.  I've looked at several resources for creating the adapter but those come up with errors also so I figure I am doing something wrong with the creation of it.  Can anyone provide me with code I will need to create that TableAdapter so that I can add the data from it to my report?

Btw at the moment I am just trying to collect all data.  Later down the road I will apply filters and parameters for my selection criteria but i just want the data to appear on the form first.

Friday, March 4, 2011 7:10 PM