VS 2010 For Vista Home Preimium RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get VS 2010 to work on Vista Home preimium
    learning development
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 7:11 PM

Answers

• I uninstallled everything deleted folders in program files reinstalled everything and disabled the internal clock
     befor I started for the first time it all runs now but what a dog it is like owning a commadore 64 agian
    learning development
    • Marked as answer by rickjac Monday, March 30, 2009 4:35 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:35 AM

All replies

• What's not working? We use it on Vista extensively in house, although its the Vista Enterprise version.
    Team Foundation Server
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:36 PM
  • The virtual pc is only compatable with
    Additonal Guest Operating System support:
    Windows Vista® Ultimate Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows Vista® Business Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows Vista® Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows Server® 2008 Standard
    Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

Additional Host Operating System support:
    Windows Vista® Ultimate Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows Vista® Business Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows Vista® Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

it would be nice to try out some of the stuff without getting a new operating system
    learning development
    Monday, March 23, 2009 12:20 AM
  • Hey RickJac. I don't think I got my question answered. What is not working for you? We use it extensively on Vista here at Microsoft with no problems.
    Team Foundation Server
    Monday, March 23, 2009 4:32 PM
  • Hi Rick,

While Virtual PC 2007 does not appear to have Windows Vista Home Premium edition as a list of supported operating systems, it looks like it runs just fine on that edition of the OS.  I haven't tried myself, just from looking around at the forums etc I see reports of people trying it and it working ok.

Provided you can get Virtual PC 2007 installed, then you should be able to run the VSTS 2010 CTP VPC just fine (or as well as those of us on other version of Vista can anyway :-) )

As Gregg says, I'd urge you to give it a try and report back if you have problems.

Good luck,

Martin.

http://www.woodwardweb.com
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:06 PM
  • When I try to install Virtual PC 2007 I got operating system not supported warning I will try to install it agian
    with all the VS 2010 parts agian and get back with more details
    Thanks
    learning development
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:51 PM
  • I instaled vpc and Vs 2010 but it is expired dose any one know where I can get a down load for VS 2010 
    that will work the message I get is VS team system 2008 has expired  I'm looking for VS 2010
    learning development
    Friday, March 27, 2009 8:06 PM
  • Hi there,

To handle the expiration issue, take a look at the following post:

http://blogs.msdn.com/briankel/archive/2008/10/27/visual-studio-2010-ctp-vpc-dealing-with-activation-messages.aspx

All the best,

Martin.

http://www.woodwardweb.com
    Friday, March 27, 2009 8:45 PM
  • I've installed and uninstalled the  Virtual PC I went to this blog http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2007/11/28/disabling-time-synchronization-under-virtual-pc-2007.aspx

I changed this file VisualStudio2010CTP.vmc to <microsoft>
       <mouse>
        <allow type="boolean">true</allow>
       </mouse>
       <components>
        <host_time_sync>
         <enabled type="boolean">false</enabled>
        </host_time_sync>
       </components>
    in note pad and I still get only one option to upgrade to VS Team 2008
    if I click up grade it wants to connect to the internet to sell me VS Team 2008 if I click close it closes VS 2010 nice splash screen
    but thats it I dont want VS team 2008 Do I have to down load the whole thing and reinstall or is there going to be a working modle released
    anytime soon 10 hrs downloadind and installing to see a splash screen or VS 2010 is not that exciting

learning development
    • Unmarked as answer by rickjac Monday, March 30, 2009 4:35 AM
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 6:59 PM
  • I uninstallled everything deleted folders in program files reinstalled everything and disabled the internal clock
     befor I started for the first time it all runs now but what a dog it is like owning a commadore 64 agian
    learning development
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:35 AM