Bluetooth Printer and WinRT and Surface RT

Question

• Hi,

I would like to know the following:

1. Is Surface RT 's OS not the same as Surface Pro's OS?

2. No printer driver can install directly into Surface RT and Surface RT can not join domain. What about Surface Pro?

3. For Printing using Surface RT and Bluetooth:

3a) I have not tested printing in Bluetooth Printer. Do I need to install the driver or does Surface RT support it (what are the requirements)?

I have created a page (XAML)  in WinRT App and  Run it  in Emulator to print to the Normal Printer using A4 size. It is ok.

so, If I connect to Bluetooth printer, do I need to adjust the size of my Page(XAML) Height and width of the TextBlock and ListBox?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 1:01 AM

Answers

• Surface RT runs Windows RT. Surface Pro run Windows 8.1

You cannot install arbitrary desktop apps or drivers on Windows RT.

If your printer works with in-box drivers then you should be good. If it needs custom drivers then you won't be able to use it. For help with using Windows or your Surface please post in the appropriate forums on http://answers.microsoft.com

Whether you need to adjust the size of the UIElements depends on what behavior you want. Often apps will lay things out differently for printing than for the screen since paper and screens are different sizes and aspect ratios.

--Rob

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:20 AM
    Owner