none
How to Monitor Windows Application (other than Azure App) using Azure Monitor? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i have an application ( .net windows application ) running in a system. I want to monitor the app.  If the app closed , i need to send mail to particular mail id.  if the system is down , i need  to send send mail.  Any Network failure, i need to send a mail.

Shall i achieve this using Azure Monitoring?

waiting for your answer
    Thanks in advance .

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Maha12,

Thanks for confirming! In that case, you can use Application Insights Status Monitor to instrument your application. This document talks about the procedure for the installation of Status Monitor and configuring it with Azure Application Insights.

For monitoring the availability and responsiveness of your application, you can configure Availability tests for your HTTP/HTTPS endpoints, and set up Availability alerts to notify you via Email or Webhooks whenever your application is unreachable.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to revert if you have additional questions!

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Maha12,

Are you indicating that this is an on-premise application?

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:53 AM
  • Hi Bhargavi,

Yes.. On-Premise Application..
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:00 AM
  • Hi Maha12,

Thanks for confirming! In that case, you can use Application Insights Status Monitor to instrument your application. This document talks about the procedure for the installation of Status Monitor and configuring it with Azure Application Insights.

For monitoring the availability and responsiveness of your application, you can configure Availability tests for your HTTP/HTTPS endpoints, and set up Availability alerts to notify you via Email or Webhooks whenever your application is unreachable.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Thanks for your reply .. Let me check and update here ..
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi Maha12,

For monitoring the availability and responsiveness of your application, you can configure Availability testsfor your HTTP/HTTPS endpoints, and set up Availability alerts to notify you via Email or Webhooks whenever your application is unreachable.

HTTP/HTTPS endpoint means WebApplications ? 

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:42 AM
  • As detailed in the doc, HTTP or HTTPS endpoints can be anything accessible from the public internet. You don't have to add anything to the web site you're testing. It doesn't even have to be your site: you could test a REST API service on which you depend.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:47 AM