none
Column/Group definition RRS feed

• Question

• I want to take an input value and reclassify.

Example....If value in (1,2,3) then 'New'

else if value in(4,5,6) then 'Middle;

else "End'

Then I want to create a group on value and have the row grouped By New,Middle,End.

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Jake99,

To this scenario of yours, you just need three result New/Middle/End, you could utilize the IIF function to have a determination. If you are not clear about detailed steps, please follow these:

1.    Right-click the datafield on the Category area, and then select Category Group Properties…

2.    Click the fx button behind the Group on:drop-down list, and then type in follow expression =IIF((Fields!YourDatafield.Value-1)/3<2,IIF(Cint((Fields! YourDatafield.Value-1)\3)=0,"New","Middle"),"End")

3.    Click the fx button behind the Label drop-down list, then type in the same expression=IIF((Fields!YourDatafield.Value-1)/3<2,IIF(Cint((Fields! YourDatafield.Value-1)\3)=0,"New","Middle"),"End")

Preview the report, you will see the top's second report. I think this is what you want.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:40 AM

All replies

• Try grouping by value divided by 3. That would give you (1,2,3)/3 = (0,0,0) and (4,5,6)/3 = (1,1,1), etc.
    Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Friday, October 29, 2010 4:24 PM
  • Hi Jake99,

To this scenario of yours, you just need three result New/Middle/End, you could utilize the IIF function to have a determination. If you are not clear about detailed steps, please follow these:

1.    Right-click the datafield on the Category area, and then select Category Group Properties…

2.    Click the fx button behind the Group on:drop-down list, and then type in follow expression =IIF((Fields!YourDatafield.Value-1)/3<2,IIF(Cint((Fields! YourDatafield.Value-1)\3)=0,"New","Middle"),"End")

3.    Click the fx button behind the Label drop-down list, then type in the same expression=IIF((Fields!YourDatafield.Value-1)/3<2,IIF(Cint((Fields! YourDatafield.Value-1)\3)=0,"New","Middle"),"End")

Preview the report, you will see the top's second report. I think this is what you want.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:40 AM