Document Explorer Crash RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing a crash, like most of the reports here. When I run repair from the Visual Studio 2005 DVD MSN installation, it works again normally (if launched from startmenu, I can see all documentation). As soon as I use the "F1 Help" from within VS2005, it opens the Document Explorer with the crash and tries to restart. From that moment on, I cannot run it directly as well anymore.

Please explain.

Thanks!

John

Sunday, April 2, 2006 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I posted the following on the original thread (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164732&SiteID=1). Please take a look to see if you issue belong to these two categories. If it doesn't, can you share out the "Bucket ID" for the crash you are experiencing?

Here is the current state of affairs on dexplore crash.

1. Original dexplore crash: - This thread started with a crash on IE 6. It seems to be caused by some addin. If you have uploaded the crash report, the watson bucket id (in one of the two event log entries associated with the crash) will be one of the following.

240955232, 250330414,

This issue seems to get resolved after installing IE 7. If that's not the case, we would like to know about it.

2. Crash on SQL topics: - The bucket ID for SQL books online crash is 265679619. This crash only happens on IE 7. We have reported this issue to the IE team (still under investigation). There is no workaround for this issue (other than uninstalling IE 7).

If you crash doesn't belong to above two categories (look at the bucket id in the event log), please start a new thread (ideally with a less generic title), share out the bucket id and tell us how it happened. It will allow us to track down the cause of the crash.

--
    Regards,
    Saurabh

Thursday, April 6, 2006 2:41 AM