Reason of postponed certification RRS feed

• Question

• As Microsoft message says "normally certification takes two hours, sometimes longer". However occasionally, instead of that, I get another message "This certification will take few days" and indeed the application stays uncertified for a while.

Just wonder, what could be a reason of such a postponed certification? Does it mean some compaints, of maybe a result of a bad review?

• Edited by pcyanide Monday, April 18, 2016 10:41 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hello pcyanide,

The indicated timeframe applies to all submissions, but it will often go through certification more quickly, such as within a few hours. If you experience an extended delay, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you. Thank you
    Monday, April 18, 2016 8:49 PM
  • Thank you, Justiin

I realize, that few hours is just a rough estimation, and certification often takes less time.

However the question was about different message, which suggests that the submission was deliberately postponed, rather than something going not the way it is supposed to. Therefore I don't consider it as an abnormal situation requiring to lodge a request. 

I just wondered what could be a reason for that.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:43 AM
  • Last time I submitted a minor app update it said "Certification will be done within a few hours." After about an hour it changed to "Certification will take a few days for this submission" which is quite frustrating in that the update is just to fix a crash. I'll probably get buried by the store's weird search algorithm before the fix gets certified.
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:59 PM