none
Activating an Exclude Dictionary in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I regret that I have yet another problem arising from upgrade from Office 2003 under Windows XP to Office 2010 under Windows 7.  This time it is not a development issue and so can hopefully be easily resolved.  I just hope that it is OK for me to raise it in this forum.

Previously I had an Exclude dictionary in Office.  As readers are probably aware this is a list of words, which are in the normal dictionary, but which I wish to have flagged up as an error, e.g. I frequently type “form” when I mean “from”.  With the exclude dictionary active “form” flags up as an error, which of course I can accept if the word is correct.

I have in my AppDate\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof folder two files, one of which I hoped Word 2010 would recognise, but it will only add files with a .dic extension.  The files are:

MSSP7EN.exc

ExcludeDictionaryEN0809.lex

I managed to force it to accept the former, but it just changed the name to ExcludeDictionaryEN0809.lex.dic and of course did not treat it as an Exclude dictionary.

Is the Exception Dictionary facility available in Office 2010 and if so how do I action it please?

Chris John
    Friday, August 12, 2011 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris

I'm afraid this isn't the correct forum. "Answers" would be the best place to get help with this question - the people who help out there have a different skill set :-) Unfortunately, we can't move discussions from this site to that one, so you'd need to post again:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by C L John Friday, August 12, 2011 4:06 PM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Thank you Cindy.  I thought that might be the case.  I shall move on!
    Chris John
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris

I'm afraid this isn't the correct forum. "Answers" would be the best place to get help with this question - the people who help out there have a different skill set :-) Unfortunately, we can't move discussions from this site to that one, so you'd need to post again:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Thank you Cindy.  I thought that might be the case.  I shall move on!
    Chris John
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:06 PM