none
Windows 7 64 Bits HCK Client is not shown in HCK Manager after a brand new installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

this is driving me crazy but I bet that is something stupid I am doing...

Lets go:

I am running my HCK Manager and Studio in a Parallel Desktop VM. Until here, no problem. I successfully ran Windows 7 Pro 64 bits and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits HCK clients with no problem.

I don´t remember which version I initially installed, but after running a QFE update, now I have version 8.100.26063.

When I ran that QFE Update 005, I lost all results for Windows 7 machine. For lucky, Windows 8.1 remains intact.

Nowadays my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 can communicate with my HCK Manager normally, I tested it today.

But, here´s begins my headache:

I formated my Windows 7 client, re-installed Windows, re-installed drivers, re-installed the client.

But HCK Manager do not see the new machine in Default Pool.

Windows Firewall is correctly configured in both client and server. I can ping client -> server and vice-versa.

I already re-started HCK services in client machine with no results.

Windows 2008 R2 Server is running in Public Network mode, I have some doubts about this, but Windows 8.1 client can communicate to it anyway.

Somebody have some idea?

Best regards and sorry for my bad english.

Roger

Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Adding some more information:

I can see the Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits client direct in HCK Studio, but it takes the place of my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bits machine (?!?).

At least, it just change the name of my Windows 8.1 client to the Windows 7 client should be. I am forced to rename it back.

I am wondering if my Windows WHCK Controller/Studio is not corrupted...

It is possible to re-install WHCK Controller/Studio without loosing my Windows 8.1 results? Or it should be better to install everything in a new VM and do Windows 7 tests again?

BR,

Roger.

Monday, February 17, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Hi Roger,

your HCK controller and Client machines must be in same WORKGROUP or DOMAIN. When you reinstalled the new OS on Win7 machine, have you removed that machine completely  from HCK Studio? And also check that, when you upgraded your HCK Controller with latest QFE, the same QFE version should reflect on client side also.

Thanks,

Mudit

Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:49 AM
  • Hello Mudit,

firstlty, thanks for your answer.

Everything is configured to the same workgroup. By now, I gave up and used the very good old recipe:

Format and reinstall everything.

Now thing are going fine.

Best regards,

Roger Techima

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:05 PM
  • Hi Roger,

that is last option we have :-).

Thanks,

Mudit

• Marked as answer by Roger Techima Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:38 AM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 6:21 AM