CodePlex sharepoint designer custom activities performance issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I actually have a problem that I wanted to know if any one has faced some issue like this. The probelm is we have SP 2010 but there was a WF that was developed using SPD 2007 and the WF is associated with a form library that has an infopath form as its default content type. I was using codeplex custom activities:

http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/

specially get and set infopath inner text and lookup user info and everyhting was working fine , suddenly we started to face performance issues where when  the forms specially having attachments are submitted the WF always show an error and in logs there are messages that there are potentially excessive number of requests and the name of the custom activities solution is mentioned and this message is repeated several times and some times when any form is submitted to the library, the WF has error and we have to restart the whole server to fix this issue. we opened a ticket with Microsoft and they informed us that most probably this solution is causing this issue so I wanted to ask has someone else faced such issue and if so, did you just remove these activities from WF and how did you solve the ability of getting and setting info path fields. I s the only solution "property promotion" but do the fields get updated when the user save an already submitted form and is there a limit to the number of columns to be submitted as we have several columns.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:19 AM