none
Multitouch Issue with CMD Shell RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody, 

we are using Windows Embedded Standard 7 with a multitouch display and the standard windows driver.

If a command shell is used, it takes about 2 min for the multitouch to be enabled. In that time only a single touch is possible. If the explorer shell is used, the multitouch functionality is working directly from the beginning. 

Unfortunately the 2 min delay also appears with our custom shell. 

Do you have any idea, why there is the delay and how we can get rid of it?

best regards, 

Lars

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:00 PM

All replies

• Explorer shell probably takes more time to load than cmd or your custom shell. A similar issue appears with networking, where the custom shell boots fast and networking services are not ready. In the past, the only option was to include a wait-on-service call in the custom shell.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:14 PM
  • I do not think, that this is only a boot issue, as the problem also occurs, if the USB connector from the touchscreen is disconnected and reconnected. With the CMD Shell it takes 2 min for initialization of the multitouch with every USB reconnect, in the explorer shell, the multitouch functionality is there right away.
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

I know this thread is VERY old, but unfortunately I'm having exactly the same problem.
    Is there any solution (beside waiting for 2 min...) ?

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:36 AM