SSRS 2008 issue with subreports RRS feed

• Question

• User5374111 posted

Hi,

I have a report with a sub-report. My main report will pass parameters to the subreport. This is working in SSRS 2005 but when I run in SSRS 2008, the parameters are not passed. When I click on subreport properties and check the Parameter collection, the value passed  is marked as "Unknown collection member".

The parameter expression is 

=First(Fields!B.Value, "Header")

Fields!B.Value is marked as unknown. Header is another dataset that contains the value.

Many Thanks.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:16 AM

Answers

• User-624088818 posted

Click on parameter expression button and select parameters you list of parameters for that sub report, now select appropriate parameter and double click, now expression will be same as like original report.

E.g.Parameter!field.value

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 2:01 AM

All replies

• User-624088818 posted

Click on parameter expression button and select parameters you list of parameters for that sub report, now select appropriate parameter and double click, now expression will be same as like original report.

E.g.Parameter!field.value

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 2:01 AM
  • User1310917387 posted

Hi -

I am also facing the exact same issue. I too migrated my SSRS 2005 reports to SSRS 2008, and getting the same error for my sub reports.

How you resolved this?

Thanks,

Deepak Gahlot

Friday, November 26, 2010 8:14 AM
  • User1310917387 posted

Hi All -

I resolved it using following work around:

1. On my main report, I placed one table with only one cell.
    2. I made it hidden by changing its 'Hidden' property to 'True'.
    3. Changed the DataSetName of this table to the one used in main report and whose field I wanted to access as parameter to sub report.
    4. For example: If you want to access field 'EmpId' which is present in 'dsEmployeeDetails' on main report, then you need to change this table's DataSetName to 'dsEmployeeDetails'.
    5. I then cut and pasted the sub report present on the main report inside this table cell.

Thanks,

Deepak Gahlot

Friday, December 3, 2010 7:22 AM