FileQuery, DataSource and ListView

Question

• Hello,

i currently deveoling an win8 app, which displays Images from a localFolder in a ListView via FileQueries and DataSource-Binding like the code Samples. The User can add Images via the FilePicker to the localFolder which will copied after selection. This works fine up to around 80 Pic, the ListView autoamticly update and performs well. Above 80 Pic some magic happend. Sometimes the ListView will update, sometimes not. Is there a cool solution to force the fileQuery or to speedUp the ListView?

I had tried forceLayout() on the ListViewControl, but this didn't refresh the DataSource.

Greets

Marco

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

Have you verified that the files copied to the localFolder?  Perhaps that is where things are breaking down.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

i had wrapped each copy function in a promise and join all of them to a global promise, to get a defined state, when all images are copied to the localFolder.

Sometimes, when i pick more then 20 Images via the filePicker, the global promise says "copy complete" but the ListView woudn't update.

Confused Greetings

Marco

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:56 AM
  • What I am asking is to actually look in the local folder and see if all of the files you picked are copied there!  Also if you do not copy the files there and simply use the file returned from the picker, does that work?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:16 PM