none
How to use Circular Tracing ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I want to use circular tracing in my wcf service applications. I have read this article but i am still not sure how to set it up in my existing service application. Any ideas?

Bhupinder Singh

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 9:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    >>but i am still not sure how to set it up in my existing service application. Any ideas?

First please try to add the following to the service config file:

<system.diagnostics>
      <sources>
        <source name="System.ServiceModel" switchValue="Information,ActivityTracing" propagateActivity="true">
          <listeners>
            <add name="CircularTraceListener" />
          </listeners>
        </source>
      </sources>
      <sharedListeners>
        <add name="CircularTraceListener" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Samples.CircularTraceListener,CircularTraceListener" 
             initializeData="c:\logs\CircularTracing-service.svclog" maxFileSizeKB="100" />
      </sharedListeners>
      <trace autoflush="true" />
    </system.diagnostics>

Then the file will be generated on "c:\logs\CircularTracing-service.svclog", to view the log file, we can use the Service Trace Viewer Tool (SvcTraceViewer.exe) to help us .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 11, 2014 4:20 AM
  • Thanks, I believe this is a custom trace listener. Do i need to add any extra thing for Cicular Trace Listener in my wcf application ?

Bhupinder Singh

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:09 PM
  •  I got this error message after i added to the web.config.

Bhupinder Singh

Friday, July 11, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

We need to download the sample in here, because the CircularTraceListener is custom class which defined in the sample.

By the way, the code for the CircularTraceListener will look like as the following:
    #CircularTraceListener code:
    https://cbasetest.svn.codeplex.com/svn/SoftLibrary_Dev/SDFL/Reputation/RepuService/FrontEndCommon/CircularTraceListener.cs.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:11 AM