Semantic Zoom Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an HTML app with a ListView which has semantic zoom. I've set up a listener on sizechange so that when ever the app is snapped, the ListView changes from a GridLayout to a ListLayout. This works perfectly and displays all the correct behaviours - when in fullscreen mode the ListView scrolls left and right with the mouse wheel; when in snap, the ListView changes to ListLayout and the mouse wheel scrolls the ListView up and down - when ever I switch back and forth between fullscreen and snap everything works as expected.

The issue arises when I use semantic zoom on one of the list views - in either snapped or fullscreen. Semantic zoom works as expected but, when you change the screen size scrolling doesn't work correctly. For example, suppose I'm in snapped mode and use semantic zoom - everything works as expected; but, when I go back to fullscreen the GridLayout ListView now scrolls up and down (with a vertical scroll bar).

The semantic zoom sample app exhibits strange behaviours too. If I snap it and then use semantic zoom I get to a point where I will loose the scroll bar on the ListView.

Has anyone seen this before or is this a bug?

David

David Sanders, MSFT.

David Sanders, MSFT

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• I was getting some weird behaviour when changing the screen size, however the problem was limited to when I was using the simulator.  When I run the application on the local machine, everything works fine.

Dave Paquette @Dave_Paquette www.davepaquette.com

Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:29 PM
  • This is a bug.  Look for this to be fixed in the future.  No ETA on this fix however.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:38 PM
  • I have the same issue as well...

Eran

Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:44 PM