none
ForeColor of a olkCheckBox RRS feed

• Question

• If I create a new Outlook Form Region, drop a olkCheckBox control on it and then change the ForeColor of the olkCheckBox, it has no effect.  Changing the ForeColor of other controls works as expected, and changing the BackColor of a olkCheckBox works fine too.  Is this a bug, or do I need to do something differently?  I've tried both Outlook 2013 and 2016.

Thanks.

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Charlie,

Looks like you've used an old approach for creating a form region. Try to use a form region based on the user control instead. Take a look at the following articles in MSDN for more information:

Creating Outlook Form Regions

Walkthrough: Designing an Outlook Form Region

[custom.development]

• Marked as answer by Charlie MCFC Monday, June 13, 2016 5:56 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Thank you for that Eugene. My form has been in service for several years and, at the time, I deliberately chose to use the Outlook forms designer, but now I can't remember why. The Visual Studio designer was missing something I needed, but I can't remember what! Is there anything that the Outlook form region designer supports that the Visual Studio one does not?  Maybe it was binding controls to Outlook fields. I don't want to get several days into the process of rebuilding the form (it's a complicated form) and then finding out that something I need isn't there.
    Monday, June 13, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi Charlie,

>> Is there anything that the Outlook form region designer supports that the Visual Studio one does not?  Maybe it was binding controls to Outlook fields

Have your issue been resolved? Since you have marked the reply from Eugene as answer, I am not sure whether your issue has been resolved. If not, please feel free to let us know.

If you have any new issues when you create an Outlook Form Region, please feel free to post new threads in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:32 AM