ASP.Net Sessions terminating unexpectedly! RRS feed

• Question

• User-1521929562 posted
    Hi, I have written a HttpModule which adds some event handlers to AuthorizeRequest, PreRequestHandlerExecute and PostRequestHandlerExecute which allow me to control custom session management and logins across different domains. I have tested this on a Windows 2003 Server environment and all seems to work fine, but when running on a Windows 2000 server, the ASP.Net Sessions seem to unexpectedly die, or at least the browser is issued with a new SessionId. This then confuses my code as it relies on the SessionId being consistent for each domain. I have been through my code thoroughly, and I can't see why this should be happening. And the strange thing is I cannot reproduce the problem under Windows 2003 Server. Hence, I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced similar problems with ASP.Net sessions terminating. Thanks in advance for any insight! Will
    Friday, August 6, 2004 11:28 AM

All replies

• User-737643586 posted
    i had the same problem while using 2000 server. if only one user is accessing the site, there is no problem. all the currently active sessions terminate unexpectedly once a new session is created. fortunately this problem occurs only during the development time. once i prepared the setup using a release bulid and install it, there is no problem. hope this helps regards renjith
    Saturday, August 7, 2004 9:07 AM