Unable to Ignore the Certificates in WebView in Windows phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing problem to open an secured Url(https://) in webview in Windows phone 8.1 and it is showing a blank page.

I did not find any settings in phone to allow all the secured sites.

I tried to ignore the certificates using HttpRequestMessage but there is no provision to ignore the certificates.

Ignore cerificates are possible in Httpclient but not in webview.

When I try to hit the same Url in desktop with IE11 the below content is showing and there is no provision to continue to the web page.

"There is a problem with this Website's security certificate"

Please let me know how I can find the way to ignore the certificates programmatically and to load the web view content. Is there any way to load the web view by ignoring these certificates in WP8.1 Universal apps?

Note: We don’t have any certificates to install for this Url.

Thanks,

Prasanth

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:00 AM

Answers

• You should install the server's certificate in the trusted certificates store.  That's the only workaround for this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:11 PM

All replies

• You cannot ignore certificate errors in WebView.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:31 PM
  • So, what could be the solution for this? what else I can ask from server team? 

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Prasanth

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:58 PM
  • You should install the server's certificate in the trusted certificates store.  That's the only workaround for this.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:11 PM
  • Can I make a request to this secured Url using HttpClient and Ignore certificates using HttpBaseProtocolFilter() and then use the same Url to navigate to web view? webviewobj.Navigate("https://abc.com")? Please suggest me.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:43 AM