none
Still Struggling - Visual Studio 2015 - Store menu grayed out (Not Available)

Question

• Hello all,

I'm struggling mightily to submit my first app to the Windows Store for publication.

I initially wrote it in Visual Studio 2012.  I have imported and compiled it in Visual Studio 2015 Community to ensure modernization and compatibility.  I have a clean compile and I would like very much to go into Beta but for the life of me I just cannot figure out how to publish.

I downloaded the Certification tool and it abends at the "Writing Report" stage and never produces a report.  So I tried to just create a Store Package (Followed a YouTube video) and figured I would upload it and hopefully get some feedback and direction from Microsoft themselves.  No joy.

I do not have the Store Option (under the Projects Menu) Available.  the Menu is there but grayed out.  I have clue how to enable it.  

I'm not even sure if I created the program the right way as I taught myself Visual Basic and never had any formal training.

I have no clue what a manifest is or how to properly format it nor what is needed to obtain or qualify for a certificate.  I have spent the better part of a year learning and then another year coding.

I created a Developer account and claimed a few App Names.  I started the process of submitting an App but I have been stuck for a few weeks now.  

Is there a certain way apps need to be written?

Any help would be great.

This is a Windows 7,8 and 10 Plus Surface Pro App.  not meant for tablets or phones at least I think it's not compatible, but that is for another discussion.

-Ron

Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:38 PM

All replies

• This is a Windows 7,8 and 10 Plus Surface Pro App.

Windows 7 implies that you have a classic desktop app, not a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) or Windows Store app. Classic desktop apps cannot be distributed directly through the store.

Windows Store apps were new for Windows 8; UWP apps target Windows 10.

Take a look at Desktop App Converter to convert your desktop app into a Universal Windows Platform app.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:01 PM
  • Hi and Thank you,

I received the following error when trying to install the suggested software.  Would you take a look at it and see if I'm doing something wrong?

-Ron

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi Rob,

I've been doing allot of searches and I'm not sure but maybe you could verify.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I think I need to be running Windows Enterprise.  Is this true?

-Ron

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:20 PM