Healthvault Information Sharing using DotNetNuke or Asp.Net or even MVC 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

This is Amod here, currently i am working for my client . and i am using HealthVault to keep the records of the patients. later, i want to share their records to other user. how could i share their information (biometric) to another user (assume doctor). Please help me on this. i also be needing to get the last updated values as notification as well as i want user to upload their profile pic and delete it using the same application. is that possible? if so how we'r gonna do that?i am pretty new in HealthVault. technology i am using is DotNetNuke + HealthVault . But, code written either in MVC 3 or ASP.NET C# will also be okay. 

Thanks

Amod

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Amod,

Assuming the proper permissions have been granted by the user, once you read user data from HealthVault, you can share that with a doctor/provider in your application. You would need a doctor/provider specific UI, a way for providers to authenticate to your application, and a way to link patient data in HealthVault to the providers that should have access. This is logic specific to your application and desired workflow. You might also find the HealthVault Technical Overview useful as you familiarize yourself with HealthVault concepts.

To learn about getting notifications of data changes, have a look at the HealthVault Eventing article.

For profile picture modifications as you described, you'll want to look at updating/deleting the PersonalImage data type. There's some useful information on working with this type in existing HealthVault forum posts on MSDN.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:56 AM