How to add a map to the map control? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am interesting in learning how to use the map object in SQL reporting services. Since I live in Sweden I would like to add a Swedish map. I have bought a shape file for Sweden which is supposed to contain information about the Swedish postal areas based on the first two digits in the postal code (WGS 84).

Can anyone tell me how to use these files in SQL Reporting services so that I get a map just like the one that is included by default (USA)? Or maybe point me to documentation/tutorial on the subject?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you add a new layer to the map control, you can select your ESRI shapefile as the source for spatial data for that layer.

If you then want to make that map available in the map gallery as a template for future reports (like the USA ones that come supplied with SSRS), choose to embed the data in the report, save it, and then copy the RDL file to the Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\MapGallery directory.

You should then see the map appear as a template next time you want to create a new report.

twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by SPEHE Monday, April 30, 2012 6:25 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:10 PM
    Answerer