Refreshing Power Pivot pivot table refreshes everything but the pivot table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My file has a pivot table on top of a Power Pivot data model.  The data is brought in via Power Query.  It uses 4 slicers to filter the pivot table.  I'm using Excel 2013 Pro Plus 64 bit.

When I click Refresh under PIVOTTABLE TOOLS, it runs the queries in Power Query and updates the data model, however it doesn't refresh the pivot table itself. Strangely the only way I can get the pivot table to refresh is through saving, closing and reopening the file or sometime it refreshes only when I change it by adding/removing a measure.

It's only the one pivot table. I've created others to test and it works fine.  I haven't yet tried recreating the offending pivot as would prefer identify the root cause.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Best regards,

Tim

Monday, March 14, 2016 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Charlie,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I ended up upgrading to Excel 2016 Pro Plus 64 bit and it fixed the issue.

Best regards,

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, April 4, 2016 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:43 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

I am trying to reproduce this issue on my local environment, and we cannot reproduce this issue. After new data was add to the data source, and click the Refresh button, it will reflect to Pivot table.

In your scenario, it hard to give your the root reason, please provide us more information, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I ended up upgrading to Excel 2016 Pro Plus 64 bit and it fixed the issue.

Best regards,

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, April 4, 2016 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:43 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 4:13 AM