none
How to render the 3D object using Kinect skeleton RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

Id like to draw a 3D skull on the head of the user with the right scale and rotation, 

how can i do this with only the skeleton data i have given by kinect?

If there is any sample available online?

Im coding in C++ and Directx but any sample in any language is OK.

Monday, December 24, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• It sounds like you are familiar with the notions of 3-d mesh construction in DirectX, so it should be fairly simple for you to construct an XNA game application for the Kinect that uses the face tracking API to get the rotation of the head, then substitute your own 3-d mesh of a skull using the green screen technique that is described in the tutorials for the Kinect.  I would suggest that you install and look at the tutorials in the Kinect SDK Toolkit.  There is one for XNA, one for face tracking, and one for green screening.  Those three techniques combined should get you 90% of the way to your goal.

Good luck,

Walt

Walt Smith Senior Architect

• Edited by Walt Smith Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:42 PM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:41 PM
  • To get your rotation values, you will need to pull this data from the skeleton.BoneOrientations property. If you are familar with Skinned Meshes, you can see how this data is used in the Avateering sample(SetJointTransformation()).

BoneOrientation Members
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.kinect.boneorientation_members.aspx

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:59 PM