How can I solve this runtime problem,'C:\Windows\QtGui4.dll', Binary was not built with debug information? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using C++ language with Visual Studio 2008. My program can run in release mode but it does not work with debug mode, and it showed with the message like this when I run:

'C:\Windows\QtGui4.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\qtcore4.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

• This isn't an error, it is just the Visual Studio debugger saying that the Qt libraries were not built with debugging information so it is not critical unless you want to debug the Qt libraries themselves. If you want to get rid of this message, you would want need to rebuild Qt with debugging enabled. But you won't notice much of a difference anyway.

For the debug mode you will have to give more information on why it does not work. This message will not cause the debug build from running.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Marked as answer by Rob Pan Monday, February 13, 2012 7:37 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 4:36 PM

All replies

• This isn't an error, it is just the Visual Studio debugger saying that the Qt libraries were not built with debugging information so it is not critical unless you want to debug the Qt libraries themselves. If you want to get rid of this message, you would want need to rebuild Qt with debugging enabled. But you won't notice much of a difference anyway.

For the debug mode you will have to give more information on why it does not work. This message will not cause the debug build from running.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Marked as answer by Rob Pan Monday, February 13, 2012 7:37 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Thanks for replying me.
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:20 PM