none
desactivate personalisation in ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I am implementing an addin for word and I have a problem :

at a moment of execution, I would like to re-init the ribbon with the default ribbon: I would like to delete my ribbon extensibility and reoffer the default ribbon.

I don't find the mean to implement that.

I also would like to change my ribbon by another one.

my code is implementing in c#

any suggestion ?

Thank you for your help

Monday, September 15, 2014 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Eugene,

Thnak you for your response.

In addition to my previous message : 

Now I implements my ribbon with Visual Studio 2013's designer ribbon. It's more interesting because an object model with type... is more efficient, also permit to change ribbon in execution !

But I have an other problem with this case ! I don't find how to hide or not a standard tab or to integrate a standard group in my custom tab ! It's easy with xml ribbon.

xml ribbon is good for to integrate (or not) standard tab or integrate standard group in customer tab but impossible to interact with ribbon in execution

designer ribbon with object model is good practise but I don't find how use standard tab or group in my customer ribbon !

Thank you in advance for everybody if you have a suggestion for this problem.

• Marked as answer by christopheNS Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Christophe,

The Ribbon UI is a static thing from its birth. You cannot reload the whole ribbon, only the host application do that.

However, you may call the Invalidate or InvalidateControl method of the IRibbonUI interface to refresh controls. This  forces the callbacks specified in your markup called, i.e. invalidates the cached values for all of the controls of the Ribbon user interface. Thus, you can update the controls at runtime.

Monday, September 15, 2014 3:41 PM
  • Hello Eugene,

Thnak you for your response.

In addition to my previous message : 

Now I implements my ribbon with Visual Studio 2013's designer ribbon. It's more interesting because an object model with type... is more efficient, also permit to change ribbon in execution !

But I have an other problem with this case ! I don't find how to hide or not a standard tab or to integrate a standard group in my custom tab ! It's easy with xml ribbon.

xml ribbon is good for to integrate (or not) standard tab or integrate standard group in customer tab but impossible to interact with ribbon in execution

designer ribbon with object model is good practise but I don't find how use standard tab or group in my customer ribbon !

Thank you in advance for everybody if you have a suggestion for this problem.

• Marked as answer by christopheNS Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:49 PM