How to prevent an update of latest Docker image on production slot after an App Service reboot ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, the problem is with the swap between 2 slots on App Service for container. I explain the scenario:

1) I deploy my "api:latest" Docker image on staging slot

2) I apply a swap between staging and production slots (so my "api:latest" Docker image is now on production slot and the previous version of "api:latest" is on staging slot)

3) Now, I build a new version of my "api:latest" Docker image, which is deployed on staging slot

4) And the problem is: if my App Service is restarted (automatically or manually), I get also the latest version of my "api:latest" Docker image on *production* slot. My question is: how can I keep the previous version of my "api:latest" Docker image on production slot? Or, is there another method to correctly manage Docker images deploy on multiple slots?

Thanks for your help,

Micaël

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:53 AM

All replies

• If you want to configure setting like “stick to a slot (not swapped)” for docker image, as of now it is not possible. You may up-vote here. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:29 AM