none
Report Data window does not display Object Data Source correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an application which needs to print a bunch of complex info onto one sheet of paper.

I elected to tackle this by building an object to contain the data, and binding a report to that object.

The object includes several properties that return List <of T> and several 'ordinary' (scalar ?) properties.

I have created a datasource for my object and this now appears in the Report Data window. However, when I try to work with the object, only one of its list properties is visible ie if I rt-click the object in the Report Data window, select 'Add Dataset', then in the ensuing dialog only one of the four list-returning properties appears in the 'Available Datasets' dropdown.

I do have a couple of workarounds - if I comment out 3 of the four properties in turn, the remaining one will appear; or I can edit the .rdlc file manually, and copy and paste a new <dataset> element.  So far it does seem to work correctly after that.

But if I have to go to these lengths there's something I'm missing, I guess.

Any suggestions please?

Monday, August 13, 2012 4:43 PM