none
Application is getting installed when "Debug - Start without debugging"

Question

• Hello!

I am new to this Universal Windows app. I'm following John Sharps Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step 8 ed. What is really annoying is that every time I run an application via "Debug - Start without debugging the application" pops up as installed in Windows 10. Is it suppose to do that? How can I get rid of it? I do not want to have to "uninstall" the application everytime I stop programming.

Please help me to understand how I can debug the program without it getting installed.

Friday, August 12, 2016 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Htnek,

I think I Know your problem this time.

>>What is really annoying is that every time I run an application via "Debug - Start without debugging the application" pops up as installed in Windows 10. Is it suppose to do that? How can I get rid of it?

Yes, it is suppose to do like this. This is by design for UWP application. After running the UWP application in Visual Studio. It will be installed on your local machine automatically.

I also have discussed with UWP experts for this. The result is No, there is no method to get rid of that.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 15, 2016 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Htnek,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio?  If possible, please provide us a screenshot of your UI.

>>I run an application via "Debug - Start without debugging the application" pops up as installed in Windows 10. Is it suppose to do that?

No, I can run the UWP application successfully in my side. I have encountered the pop up message before.

Please restart your machine and disable the anti-virus software and firewall and run your Visual Studio as administrator then try it again.

Also try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Please create a new empty UWP application to check whether it has the same problem.

If above suggestion still no help, please try to did a repair of your Visual Studio or upgrade to the latest update of Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, August 13, 2016 3:02 AM
  • It is not that it pops up on the scrren. I will try to explain again. When I run the application in Visual Studio Community 2015 it is getting installed in Windows 10. So everytime I need to uninstallt it.

For example. If i start a new project called "Hello". Build it and then run it. It works fine with no errors. Now when I look at program installed on the computer "Hello" comes up as a newly installed program and I have to uninstall Hello" to get rid of it.

I hope I explained myself better this time.

• Edited by Htnek Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:49 AM
    Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:48 AM
  • Hi Htnek,

I think I Know your problem this time.

>>What is really annoying is that every time I run an application via "Debug - Start without debugging the application" pops up as installed in Windows 10. Is it suppose to do that? How can I get rid of it?

Yes, it is suppose to do like this. This is by design for UWP application. After running the UWP application in Visual Studio. It will be installed on your local machine automatically.

I also have discussed with UWP experts for this. The result is No, there is no method to get rid of that.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 15, 2016 1:26 AM
  • Hello!

Thank you for the reply. Well ok then. It is really annoying however if it supposed to be like that I have to accept it. =)

Best regards

Kenth

Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:52 PM