Coded Ui Test - edit Test With Ui Map Generator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is it possible to edit an Test Step from a coded UI test again with the Ui map generator?

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi BRainXstorming

>>is it possible to edit a Test Step from a coded UI test again with the Ui map generator?

According to your description, if you want to edit a test step from a coded UI test again with UI map generator. I think that it is not possible to edit a test step with UI map generator. However, I suggest you hand coding to edit your a test step from a coded UI test again with UI map generator.

As far as I know, the UI map generator can be used to re-record your all test steps. So if you want to use the UI map generator to edit your test steps, I suggest you could right click your CodedUITestMethod and then re-record your test step using coded UI test Builder.

Reference:

Walkthrough: Creating, Editing and Maintaining a Coded UI Test

In addition, you could also edit Coded UI Test Using the Coded UI Test Editor. The Coded UI Test Editor lets you easily modify your coded UI tests. Using the Coded UI Test Editor, you can locate, view, and edit the properties of your test methods and UI actions. In addition, you can use the UI control map to view and edit their corresponding controls.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg269469.aspx

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:31 AM
    • Edited by Tina-Shi Monday, December 1, 2014 1:35 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:54 AM