none
Server Explorer drag & drop no longer working. RRS feed

• Question

• I created some .dbml files a few weeks back and was able to drag tables from the server explorer onto the .dbml files just fine. I just added some new tables and went to add them by dragging and dropping again and the functionality is completely gone. The entire "drag and drop" is like it doesn't exist, mouse pointer doesn't change when you try to "grab" the table from the server explorer and nothing happens if you try and drag it over, the mouse pointer is still an arrow and there are no errors at all. I am using VS 2012 Premium and SQL Server 2010.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Lloyd, thanks for the response. The exact same thing happened. I closed down VS, re-opened and same issue. Then I deleted and re-added the connection, still no dice. In desperation I rebooted my PC and it was back to normal and working again. I'm thinking Team Foundation Server had some kind of lock on those files (even though they were checked out) that wasn't cleared up.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:31 PM

All replies

• If you try to create a new .dbml file with those tables what happens?

Lloyd Sheen

• Edited by sqlguy Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:18 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:18 PM
  • Hi Lloyd, thanks for the response. The exact same thing happened. I closed down VS, re-opened and same issue. Then I deleted and re-added the connection, still no dice. In desperation I rebooted my PC and it was back to normal and working again. I'm thinking Team Foundation Server had some kind of lock on those files (even though they were checked out) that wasn't cleared up.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:31 PM
  • Hello jfk1974,

To make sure whether it is caused by what you haveconsidered(TFS), you canhave a try check out the project to another computer andto check whether it will play the same with yours.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 21, 2014 3:19 AM