none
How do I make the Pos Keyboard work with and Application in Visual basic 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Ibm Retail Pos keyboard and I am building an application to use this keyboard with. Everything is OPOS by the way. I also Have POS.Net installed and everything else is working perfect, except the pos keyboard.

I have mapped the keys with the ibm opos configuration utility. All I need to do is probably just need the code to make it work.

If anyone can help me with coding it.

Thanks

• Moved by Mike FengModerator Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:21 AM restructure .NET forums (From:POS for .NET)
    Friday, December 21, 2012 5:14 AM

All replies

• Did you install the whole POS for .NET SDK? If so have you tried using the TestApplication in the SDK to see if it can access the OPOS driver?

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Yes, It can access the OPOS Driver.
    Friday, December 21, 2012 8:47 AM
  • The appllication can open,claim, do the action, release, and close properly?

When you say the keyboard is not working whats going on?

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Im not exactly sure how to code it in the software.

Is it basic like.

Keyboard.open()

Keyboard.claim(1000)

Keyboard.dataeventenabled = true

keyboard.decodedata = true

Is there more code to it?

Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:57 AM