Windows 10 and Access 2010 runtime: Issues when locking the PC/Laptop and unlocking again. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to sign in here with my O365 work account but ho hum according to MS it does not exist!

I have just updated a bunch of the PC's at work to 1909. Almost all of them are now reporting that locking the PC with Access running and then reopening the PC by logging in again causes the following to be displayed when they use Access again

Cannot open a form whose underlying query contains a user-defined function that attempts to set or get the form's RecordsetClone property. (Error 3252)

There is a very similar issue regarding Sleep status and GPO in this link

That article references ODBC connection failures as a possible cause link here

For reference we are running Access 2010 runtime (latest version) and have a domain GPO power policy but it is not set to allow sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a workaround? 

Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:09 AM

All replies

• Yes I have seen this; No I don't have a workaround. It's rare enough that I have not worried about it. And more and more my apps have code that shuts them down after hours after they have been idle for a while.

To debug this further you need to know where the error is occurring. This may mean beefing up your error handler. The silly MsgBox Err.Description is not going to cut it. At the very least you need a line number, and ideally also a module name and procedure name.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:08 PM