Server Migration RRS feed

• Question

• I need to migrate my NS application from one server to another.  The servername/sql instance names are different on the new server.
    Server A is the current production server.  Server B is where I want to migrate it to.

I tried doing the following steps:
    1.  Created a new NS instance/application on the new server using the ICF/ADF (with the new servername B).
    2.  Detach the 2 NS databases that were created. 
    3.  Move a backup from server A to server B and reattach the 2 databases.
    4.  Update the instance using server B as the server/sql instance name in the ICF/ADF. 

The update fails.  No meaningful error is given, just that the update failed.  I am assuming when it compares these to what is stored within the NS instance/application databases, it sees the different names and fails.  Can this be done this way?  I need to keep all of the event/notification/retry data and don't want to have to manually move it all by scripting out inserts.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please try to check the log viewer so that you can provide more detials on that error?

Microsoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:07 AM