Applying "Blocks" RRS feed

• Question

• User-2094403831 posted

Hi All

I am fairly new to .net dev. But its going well! I have developed an site which is a hardware sales site. But I have had a request on the front page to list specials of something similar to the specials "Blocks" on the home page of the following URL: http://www.itjn.co.za/Home.htm

Please excuse my ignorance, but I dont even know what to call it? If I could find out the term of displaying data in this manner, I would google it, but not really sure where to start.

I already have the product database (SQL) populated, just need to retrieve information and display it some how along the lines of what is shown in the above example.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:05 AM

All replies

• User-1590375683 posted

The link above doesn't come up for me...but my guess is you are looking for the DataGrid and SqlDataSource control...hope that points you in the right direction.  Be sure to check the tutorials at the top under the Learn link.

Cheers,

Ryan

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 10:06 AM
  • User-2094403831 posted

hmmm thats odd, the link works for me? Its basically listing a single product in a block with the image and some text from the db, then it lists another block next to that with another product, then under that and next to that and so on.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:18 PM