none
Custom Reports and Graphs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm in urgent need of advice on how to do the following as I'm trying to create reports for my upcoming first PMR. Here is what I want to show/question: 

1) Is it possible within MSProject (2016) using the Project Overview Dashboard, or perhaps something else like a customized view to manipulate the bar graph? The Field List does not provide this information. What I want to show is the baseline start and finish dates against the scheduled start and finish dates and their variation within the project overview if that makes sense.Would also like to have a bar chart with the baseline vs scheduled (planned) vs actual durations. Is that possible??

Is this an export to Excel issue and formatting the pivot table because I've tried that to to no avail.

2) In the Overallocated Resources Report, how do I change the date range at the bottom? AND, The original project start date was 10/1/18, I rebaselined the plan on 3/18/19 - Why are there still overallocated resources in the passed? Is it because the resources still have tasks that are still on-going prohibiting it to zero out?

Any immediate or help at all would be greatly appreciated. Package was submitted today and requires changes by COB tomorrow.

Please let me know if there are any questions. I'll be up for a while.

Sincerely,

Wendi

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. It is not possible to display a gantt chart view in the Project Reports. I would instead set up the specific view you want dot display, and copy and paste it as an image into the report.

2. You can change the date rate by using the EDIT button in the fields list as per the image below.

Just because you rebaselined a plan does not mean that you won't have overallocated resources, either in the past or future.  Rebaselining does not alter any resource assignments.  I would post another thread on this with more details of the issue you are experiencing and what you are doing to try and resolve it.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:32 AM