Is it possible to set the font color for the Status bar? RRS feed

• Question

• I've changed the bar color to red on the Production server so I get a visual cue that I'm not in Dev. I can't miss that compared to other colors I've tried but the text in black is a little hard to read.

I've done some research and looked at the Fonts and Colors settings in Options in SSMS but I can't see any description that suggests the setting is for this bar.

I'm using SSMS 17.9.1 and I am stuck by company policy with this version so suggestions to update to 18.3 are not helpful. :-)

It was very hard for me to leave the u out of color but I found the wiggly red line under it more annoying.

Nick Ryan MIS Programmer Analyst, ANZ Bank

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:36 PM

Answers

• Thank you but that doesn't answer my question. I have already changed the bar color to red. It's the text color I want to change. I'd like to make it white so it's easier to read on the red background.

I guess, option to change this font colour on Task bar is not available right now. 

I have checked the new tool just like SSMS called - Azure data studio. But no option as such. 

You can give feedback for this option:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• Proposed as answer by pituachMVP Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Ryan Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick Ryan:

You could change the color of status bar in SSMS by following steps:

1. On the Connection to Server window, click the Options button to show advanced options:

2.Select Connection Properties tab and this is the one needed to set up custom connection color.

Check the Use custom color check-box, and click the Select button to select the color:

3. Once the connection color is selected, click the Connect button.

For more details, please refer to How to set different connection colors in SSMS.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Thank you but that doesn't answer my question. I have already changed the bar color to red. It's the text color I want to change. I'd like to make it white so it's easier to read on the red background.

This is what a section of it looks like. The black text on the red background is readable but it would be easier with a lighter color for the text.

Nick Ryan MIS Programmer Analyst, ANZ Bank

• Edited by Nick Ryan Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:25 AM Spelling correction.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:24 AM

I guess, option to change this font colour on Task bar is not available right now. 

I have checked the new tool just like SSMS called - Azure data studio. But no option as such. 

You can give feedback for this option:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• Proposed as answer by pituachMVP Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Ryan Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:52 AM