AJAXTOOLKIT and new web app RRS feed

• Question

• User-373571878 posted

Hello,

I am creating a new web site in VS 2008 and I copied a couple pages from another web application to get me started. 

I copied the webconfig information for mscharts and ajax from the old and paisted it into the new.

I see an ajaxtoolkit in my tool box, but I have no Bin folder in the new application.  Is it safe to just copy the Bin folder from the other app or does something need to be 'installed' to get the toolkit working properly?  I am get this compiler error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.5.40412.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Yet I have this defined in the webconfig:

<add assembly="AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.5.40412.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e"/>

**UPDATE

I added a control to the page and that created the Bin folder, however I am still getting the same error.

Friday, September 13, 2013 11:08 AM

Answers

• User-373571878 posted

I Deleted the web project and restarted a new one.

I was going to add a new AJAX tool kit tab, but the AJAX tool kit loaded on it's own (after a few minutes).

I dragged the toolkitscriptmanager on the page (this created the bin folder) I added the AJAX Register assembly line to the page.

For some reason the one in the webconfig did not work.

I launched the page and the control worked. So I think I am good now.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 12:33 PM