none
Command Prompt Options to Launch VS2015

Question

• I would like to launch VS2015 from the command prompt so that it begins debugging a solution with the command line arguments I would have put in the project properties. How do I do it?

PLMKTY

CHobbs

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi CHobbs,

Visual Studio debugger can be invoked on a program from the command line, allowing one to specify the command line arguments when invoking a command line program, directly on the command line.

In VS2015, right-click the project, choose properties, go to the Debug section -- there is a box for "Command Arguments".

To launch VS, you could try to use the command line below(VS2015 command prompt):

devenv /debugexe 'program name' 'program arguments'

I hope it’s helpful to you.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Hi CHobbs,

Has your issue been resolved yet? Please feel free to let me know if you need more help.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:32 AM