How to Measure the Height of a Table that is a String using The Art of Dev RRS feed

• Question

• User-1740395346 posted

Hello,

I'm using the Library that is nothing less that awesome is will render a string HTML perfectly.

What I am doing is I have a group of algorithms that you pass it a List<Part> parts and it will return a perfect Table with a header and all the columns perfectly and for each table that is created I add it to a list List<String>, so I've got a list of tables so when all the table are created it is time to loop the list and each table is added to "The Art Of Dev" and each table is written to an image perfectly but I've got a problem, for those sheets of data that will extend beyond a traditional document, as in, the Word document it with return an extra long document / image or it will return a fixed size document / image, which a Max / Mix size can be set and the rest of the data is clipped and does not show.

In my loop I need a way to measure the height of each table before I write it to the image.

Now, I do realize that one can measure Text with the graphic object but a none rendered table is different.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MEASURE A TABLE HEIGHT so i can at that point before sending it to be written to render that document, give it a header / fotoer and page number, then restart a whole new document. All my documents needs to be the size of a word document.

Thank you!!!

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:28 AM

All replies

• User-359936451 posted

Can you contact the author of the library and see if there is someway for them to provide that value to you from the call?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:04 PM