Blend 3 preview namespace reference problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a silverlight 3 application (for ex. MyCompanyName.SLCLient) which references a silverlight 3 library (MyCompanyName.SLCore).
    In that SLCore library i'm referencing a silverlight 3 library which holds my usercontrols (for ex. MyCompanyName.SilverlightControls) cause they are reusable in other apps as well.
    Now i can use that SilverlightControls library perfectly with the SLClient, however.. once i use a Control from that library in my SLCore library i get errors.
    The type or namespace name "SLCore" does not exist in the namespace "MyCompanyName" (are you missing an assembly reference?).

I have no idea why it works perfectly well within the SLClient and why i get those errors in my SLCore.
    btw. Building the solution in VS 2008 also works and doesn't give me those errors. I even can run the application without any problems.
    The weird thing is that the Blend designer even shows my usercontrol. I just can't build it.

Any solution for this ?
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:12 PM

All replies

• Is it possible to shre out a small repro so we could investigate it on our end? If you cannot post it publicly, you can email it to me at unnir at microsoft dot com

Without a repro, I can only guess, but what happens when you add the indirect assembly reference to the project that you are adding the assembly to?

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:02 AM