none
Azure CDN for Azure Website

Question

• I have an Azure Website and I would like to serve some of it via an Azure CDN. Apparently, this used to be possible by using a /cdn folder in an Azure Hosted Service however, you cannot create these any more.

If I try and create a Cloud Service (which replaced the Hosted Service), I just end up creating an Azure Web Site and you cannot connect a CDN to it.

So, my question is: How can I connect an Azure CDN to an Azure website?

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

CDN in general has not been changed. Some old tutorials such as http://blog.smarx.com/posts/using-the-windows-azure-cdn-for-your-web-application would still work. Please note it does not stand by website yet. It has to use web role. When you creating a cloud service, it works as a container. You can upload your web roles to it. Cloud service is not website. In addition, at the moment it is needed to use the old Silverlight to manage CDN. We're in the progress to enable CDN management in the new portal, as described in the old portal:

Windows Azure CDN management experience will be available in the new Windows Azure Management Portal in the next couple months. Once this experience has been moved over, sometime this summer, the Silverlight Portal will be decommissioned. At that point, you will no longer be able to use this Portal to manage your CDN assets and will only be able to do so through the new Portal.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Ming Xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:19 PM

All replies